Going up the steps leading to Convicinio, the ancient cellars, built between the 17th and 18th centuries, are visible. Cellars that guard the characteristic structures for winemaking and storage of wines in the innermost depths of the speco. Up to the first decades of the twentieth century, in the district, some tanneries of leather that together with the cellars formed a particular craft district.
Today these laboratories have not been operational for many years, but the memories of their typical cave structures remain. The district, due to its particular conditions, at the limit of livability, due to the precarious hygienic and sanitary conditions, was evacuated by the population in application of the Law for the restoration of the Sassi in 1952. The narrow band of ‘above ground’ houses located in continuous line along the rolling road of via Casalnuovo.